Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Palm Reading - iPhone Style

I've photographed the palm grove here on Molokai dozens of times and I never tire of it. Finding a new way of showing it can be a challenge, but it's one the iPhone and it's many apps can help me accomplish. Below are 3 views - 3 different ways of 'grungifying" for a vintage or distressed effect. Enjoy.

For this shot, I walked out into the water (only knee high for a long way out) and shot several shots looking back. Combined in Autostitch, I ended up with this pano. I used IRIS to fine tune saturation, contrast, and so on. The grunge effect is from Photoforge oil painting filter.

Kapuaiwa Palm Grove at sunset  © lynette sheppard

I never really fell in love with Hipstamatic the way so many iPhoneographers do... until Teri Lou Dantzler (check out her blog - see link in my blogroll) talked about doing Hipsta stitches. I LOVE Hipsta now - for these off kilter artsy panos combined in Autostitch. Grunge effect applied with Pic Grunger.
Vintage Palms © lynette sheppard
I took the pano I shot and combined in Autostitch,  then turned it to infrared look in Camera Bag app. Camera Bag has my favorite faux infrared. 2nd favorite is in Dynamic Light app. Grunge effect came from IRIS. I really like the look here.
Infrared Palm Grove © lynette sheppard

2 comments:

  1. out freaking rageous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only someone with an intimate relationship with those palms could capture the magic the way you did.

    ReplyDelete

Let iPhone Diva know what you think!