Thursday, December 29, 2011

iPhone Diva's Fave App for Today: Pro HDR


OK, I'm fickle. I admit it. My favorite app is most usually the one I've just finished playing with. And today my favorite is ProHDR, with a little Snapseed on the side. Without them, this shot at sunset on Papohaku Beach here on Moloka`i would have either a blacked out foreground or a blown out sky. Or with some HDR apps, a completely fake looking, super crunchy, overcooked HDR photograph.  Instead, I get a result that approximates what I actually saw.! (Hint: I use the manual setting for Pro HDR so I get to pick the light and dark exposures that I want.)

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely! I've been using ProHDR for quite a while now, and have not found a better app for naturalistic HDR. As with any HDR app, it's vitally important to hold the phone very steady as it takes the pair of shots to combine. A tripod adapter or other aid such as leaning against a window or wall can help a lot. I find automatic mode works for most images that don't include that giant glowing gasbag, and then the manual mode can do wonders. Love your example photo!

    ReplyDelete

Let iPhone Diva know what you think!