Monday, December 14, 2009

Bird of Paradise iPhone Photo Art

I took this photo of a bird of paradise bloom, backlit by the morning sun. The iPhone does a pretty good job. It's not a fabulous photo, though - mottled light on the grass in the background, not too interesting. But thanks to one of my preferred apps, Vihgo, I was able to turn it into a more artistic rendition. Paradise indeed.


This is either pencil or sketch filter in Vihgo. They are similar in effect - I check out both with a photo and pic the most pleasing effect for that particular shot.


I took the shot and applied the Xray filter (which is basically inverting it). It came out dark, so I opened the image in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) and lightened the exposure for a more pleasing image. It doesn't look "real" but those of you that know me by now realize that is hardly a problem. My friend Jack Davis of Photoshop WOW fame would say that "It's a feature, not a bug."

I believe that this is the Impression filter effect in Vihgo. Sigh, sometimes I work so fast and am so lost in the imagery that I do forget how I got to my photo art destination. Mea culpa, mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let iPhone Diva know what you think!